Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pack up all my cares and woes....

I'm going to Missouri!

I will be a fellow at the American Society of Newspaper Editors Journalism Education Institute, at University of Missouri, in Columbia, MO, for two weeks. Wow, that's a mouthful. Basically, I get to study scholastic journalism at the home of scholastic journalism; no one thought journalism was teachable until Missouri began teaching it. It's very odd to me that they call their school "MU", which defies journalistic style! There's a lot of contention with school names in Louisiana. We LSU alumni had to fight to keep those Cajuns from becoming "UL". They only finally got the name change because they got a woman in the governor's mansion!

Today I will be packing, which will freak the cats out. I just hope I remember everything I need!

I'm going to blog my trip & journalism stuff while I'm there, because I will probably have the Journalism I classes make their own blogs. Also, we're supposed to talk about blogs at least a little bit at the Institute.

No comments: